question

romarub avatar image
romarub asked

Cerbo GX overestimates the temperature of the sensors

Hello colleagues! In many of our systems, I connect the temperature sensors that come with the inverters to the GX devices (Victron Part Number ASS000001000: Temperature sensor Quattro, MultiPlus and GX Device). The batteries that we install have a built-in temperature sensor, so we use these "extra" sensors to measure the temperature of the environment, water heaters and so on. We already have quite a few of these sensors, and they all work very well. Here is an example:

sensor-1.png

In one of the new systems with Cerbo GX, I noticed that the displayed temperature is about 10-11°C higher than the actual one. At first I thought that I got a defective sensor, so I connected two more of the same sensors (from other lots) to this Cerbo, but they all showed approximately the same wrong temperature.

sensor-2.jpg

sensor-3.jpg

P. S. I know that the type C temperature sensor that comes with RS products (Victron Part Number ASS000020000) is not compatible with GX devices.

Then I connected one of these sensors to the Quattro inverter, and it immediately showed the correct temperature:

sensor-4.jpg

It looks like there is some problem with this Cerbo GX. Interestingly, the serial number of this Cerbo GX falls within the "HQ2201xxxxx up and including HQ2220xxxx" range, for which Victron officially announced a problem with the power supply and recommends installing a capacitor on the power terminals. Here is an excerpt from a letter from Victron about this "What started the issue is a recent design change. The change was needed to overcome a sudden semiconductor failure and ensure a stable supply of Cerbo GX-es. But unfortunately we made a mistake in that re-design."

Is it possible that this Cerbo GX is supplying a slightly incorrect reference voltage to the temperature sensor? How can this be fixed?

cerbo gxTemperature Sensor
sensor-1.png (47.6 KiB)
sensor-2.jpg (2.7 MiB)
sensor-3.jpg (3.1 MiB)
sensor-4.jpg (3.2 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Enter advanced setup in the cerbo and you can calibrate the sensors.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@RomaRub

Set your user access level to super user and you can calibrate it from there. And no it is not an issue specifically related to those particular cerbos. The temp sensors sometimes are out (although never seen it as far as yours).

The voltage signal is sent from the temp sensor to the cerbo. So set the offset once you have super user access. And you can set it back to normal user level afterwards.

Another thread for more information.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/16735/is-there-a-way-to-calibrate-the-temperature-senor.html

2 |3000

romarub avatar image
romarub answered ·

Thanks @Alexandra and @derrick thomas for the advice, everything worked out!

2 |3000