question

solarsam avatar image
solarsam asked

CCGX with EasySolar II

Hi all.

We have installed an EasySolar II GX with an addtional CCGX wired into the main living room to allow customer a quick visual reference at a glance without having to open up his phone.

I have noticed however that the CCGX doesn't show any production values from the charge controller inside the EasySolar, unlike the internal GX device when viewed via a device. I take it this is becase the CCGX is plugged into the MultiPlus side via VE.Direct, hence not being able to see the regulator.

I'm curious if anyone knows if it's possible to send through all of this data to the external CCGX or we are limited to seeing only the data from the MultiPlus?

Thanks in advance.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color ControlEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Plug in VE bus smart dongle to see all data as the MMPT will be plugged into the VE direct port.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @SolarSam

You can't effectively run two GXes on the one system. You could consider relocating all the cables from the onboard GX to the CCGX. It doesn't support bluetooth though, but it has ethernet and will handle an approved wifi dongle.

2 |3000