question

eharvest avatar image
eharvest asked

Victron 12/375 with overload fault while no load connected

Hello

I have a victron inverter 12v 375w that had and overload issue and the mosfets burnt out, i did a repair to replace the mosfets and it can power up however the issue now its on overload mode where the red led is on while the the green is blinking while there is no load connected to the inverter. I was wondering if there are ways to clear the error with the software or does that mean the inverter is totally faulty and needs a replacements rather than repairing it?

Thanks

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@e.harvest

If mosfets blew, high chance that other stuff is damaged as well.

Sometimes capacitors may have vented among other things. Like the circuit/brain that controls the switching.

As much as we hate it, it is more reliable when fets go to do a total replacement.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eharvest avatar image eharvest commented ·
@Alexandra Thank you for your response, i do agree that there could be more stuff damaged during that incident that lead to the mosfets to blow. We will look forward for a replacement. Thanks again
0 Likes 0 ·