question

qdii avatar image
qdii asked

Cable between Blue Smart IP22 Charger and Lithium Battery

Hi,

I just bought a Blue Smart IP22 charger and a Lithium battery (also from Victron). I can see that the battery has 2 M8 cables and two terminals.

What sort of cable do I need to charge the battery with the charger?

The documentation reads "16mm² AWG6 connectors" but simply googling that doesn't point me to anything I could buy.

Could you advice something?

battery chargingLithium Battery
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

@qdii

Which type of Victron Lithium, Superpack or Lithium Battery Smart?

0 Likes 0 ·
qdii avatar image qdii Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@qdii

Thanks. I don't think the Superpack has 2 M8 cables. These only belong to Victron Lithium Battery Smart as they require an external BMS. The Superpack has an integrated BMS.

There are commercially available cables (Amazon, whatever cable manufacturers, but not Victron) which you can connect between the IP 22 charger and the battery. The end on the charger accepts up to 16mm2 cable. The other end of the cable is connected to the battery via M6 cable lugs. However, you should also install a fuse at the battery end to protect the cable.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.