question

fulthrotl avatar image
fulthrotl asked

100AH 12.8 superpack compatibility question

my application: automotive

i want to run this battery in parallel with vehicle AGM Oddesy group 25 batteries, to supply a full wave inverter. both of these will be charged with a vehicle alternator supplying 270 amps charging capacity, with a 14.4 vdc charge voltage off the alternator. my understanding is this battery will not require additional controls in this situation. is this correct?

is this a safe and appropriate installation? no solar integration, just charging all the batteries off the alternator, and discharging with the inverter, and vehicle load controller for 12 volt loads.

i will be using the high ampacity 100ah flavor of this, allowing 100a. charge and discharge rates. cable sizing and fusing is appropriate.

i am planning to fuse the battery at 125 amps, as the high aperage battery is capable of 150 amps discharge for 10 seconds, so in a field wiring short circuit situation, it'll have enough oomph to blow the fuse and not just sit there and cook the vehicle.

Randy

SuperPack
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic