question

darren43e avatar image
darren43e asked

24 volt system/2 Paralleled Orion 24/12-70 to down convert

I’ve installed a solar system into my camper and the plan was for DC power to come to come from the Lynx Distributor fused with an 80 amp fuse, to two paralleled Orion 24/12-70 converters. Each runs to a separate breaker who’s output goes to a bus bar and from there to the power center at the other end of the camper. Negative runs directly to the power center. The lead acid battery on the tongue was disconnected from the power center and the converter removed. Unfortunately there doesn’t appear to be power coming from the Orions. As I’m full time in my RV that means no hot water, no lights, no tv since the antenna is 12v and as it gets colder the furnace fan as well. No 12v anything.

I have 6x215w panels that are connected to a 100/50 charge controller via a 50a breaker inbound and 60a breaker outbound to the right distributor. 2 Dakota Lithium 280Ah LiFePO4 batteries configured in series for 24v are connected to the left distributor alone. The smart shunt is connected to the outbound negative battery terminal. I have “no” red light on either distributor so it doesn’t appear to be a fusing issue.

I’ve tried connecting just 1 converter and still don’t appear to be getting power out. For the record, power in to the converter is to the left most stud. Power out is from the rightmost stud to its 80a breaker, to the bus bar, and then to the power center positive battery connection. Negative is to the middle stud and then continuing to the negative battery connection on the power center.

I and my equipment distributor are at our wits end! Can “anyone” offer insight and a remedy??

Not sure - Admin please assign or create
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klandos avatar image
klandos answered ·

Is the remote Plug in and connects Both Terminals?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

darren43e avatar image
darren43e answered ·

The green plug is in place on both.

2 |3000

power-from-the-son avatar image
power-from-the-son answered ·

Did you ever come to a conclusion?

I too wish to do away with tongue battery and just run the wire to 24/12 70 Orion

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic