question

mihaimicu avatar image
mihaimicu asked

Smart solar Mppt 150/60 TR Pylontech rotary switch

Hi all, quick question. I just installed an smart solar mppt to my system. Ve.direct to venus Gx. My batteries are pylontech us 2000. Do I need to change the rotary switch în any way or the GX will control it. ( read that the gx will control the mppt, but wanted to make sure. ) the rotary switch is 3 now ( by default ).

LE. I think I will answer my own question. Found this în the GX. Appears that the GX is controlling the mppt. Can anyone confirm ?

screenshot-20221015-000656-samsung-internet.jpg

MPPT SmartSolarPylontechVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If the Pylontechs are connected correctly, including the Comms cables, they control the Victron components through the GX device.

From memory, it's advisable to use the rotary switch to set it to lithium. But check the manual for the position.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mihaimicu avatar image mihaimicu commented ·

Thanks. I believe it.s the same, anyhow I changed also the settings în the mppt.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

None of the default settings is correct for Pylontech you have to adjust the settings manually using VictronConnect.

1 comment
2 |3000

mihaimicu avatar image mihaimicu commented ·

I have set as follows.

Preset-> smart lithium

Please confirm if ok

screenshot-20221015-090336.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

The 52.00/51.00V are what is recommended for Pylontecs in this thread.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic