question

georgelza avatar image
georgelza asked

Temperature sensors "Disconnected"

Hi all

I can see 2 x Temperature sensors listed under Devices, but if I go remote Console, settings... then both shows disconnected, how do I get these configure/reporting.

assuming they are identified via the data cable thats configured between the VenusGX and Master Pylontech battery.

G

PylontechVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It means that the temperature sensors are not connected at the terminals of the Venus GX.
These particular device instances are not taking temperature readings from Pylontech.

You need to use these temperature sensors, the same type that comes shipped with MultiPlus.

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/temperature%20sensor%20qua%20pmp%20venus%20gx

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

georgelza avatar image
georgelza answered ·

I can't see how I can connect those sensors to a Pylontech battery, which is pretty much a computer with a power and data/comm output via dedicated cables.

G

1 comment
2 |3000

Mikael avatar image Mikael commented ·

You do not need to connect temp senors to the Pylontech battery it share its internal temperature with the Venus and the Venus in turn to the SmartSolar via STS (Shared Temperature Sens) if I am not misstaken.

0 Likes 0 ·