question

energius avatar image
energius asked

Victron Hybrid? System

Hello, my customer has two houses with built in PV installations.
House no.1 has two Victron Multiplus + CCGX + 70kWh Pylon Energy storage built in.
He wants to connect another Multiplus II, connected to the grid from House no. 2 to load the excess solar energy to his energy storage in the house no.1
Is it possible to connect it this way?
Can i connect the CCGX and the GX in the Multiplus II in one CAN network?

Multiplus-IICCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@energius

The ccgx and the cerbo to one another. No.

You can feedback but there is no way for the upstream one to control the power so can lead to battery overcharge.

But there is a way to signal with the aux relay (depending on what grid code you are using) to disable feed in.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

energius avatar image
energius answered ·

Could you explain how to connect it with the aux relay? I'm not sure what do you mean.

3 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/MultiPlus-II_GX/en/appendix.html

The Aux relay, see D. Would be connected however it is programmed to react. I have not used it personally.

0 Likes 0 ·
energius avatar image energius Alexandra ♦ commented ·
ok thank you, another question, could physically two GX communicate with the same BMS over Canbus?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ energius commented ·
Not to my knowledge. It is not officially supported in documentation.
0 Likes 0 ·
energius avatar image
energius answered ·

in short, i want to charge one Energy Storage from two different "grids".
Can i connect one GX with meter in one network and a second GX with another meter in the other grid?
Only the first "Grid" will discharge / take load from the storage, the second will only charge it.

2 |3000