question

paul-r avatar image
paul-r asked

Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra will not connect via Victron Connect

This phone appears to incompatible with Victron Connect. Bluetooth can see all my smart devices but there is no way to make the phone ignore pairing requests. Over an hour on the phone with both T-Mobile and Samsung tech support and problem could not be resolved.

Has anybody successfully connected with this phone?

VictronConnect
9 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

What happens when you connect to the devices from within VictronConnect?

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-r avatar image paul-r Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
I cannot connect to any devices within Victron Connect, that's the problem. I can't access the VC pairing request because the phone places a pairing request over the VC pairing request. The phone is incapable if ignoring specific devices.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ paul-r commented ·

Hi

How does the pairing request of the phone look? Can you fill in a pin code and if so, what happens if you fill in the default pincode of "000000"?

Perhaps you can post some screen shots of how it looks?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ paul-r commented ·

Hi

I saw you "rant" in another thread about multiple phones that are not working with VictronConnect. We would still like to know why these phones are unable to connect/pair so perhaps you can still answer the question I also asked above:

How does the pairing request of the phone look? Can you fill in a pin code and if so, what happens if you fill in the default pincode of "000000"?

Perhaps you can post some screen shots of how it looks?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-r avatar image paul-r Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

This is what happens when I try to access. As you see, the phone pairing request overlays the victron connect request. Entering 000000 just causes it to loop right back to this.

screenshot-20221128-064755-settings.jpg

Pressing cancel causes the same as a failed pairing attempt, just loops back. There is no way to move this out of the way and after three tries I get this error message:

screenshot-20221128-064827.jpg

This phone and all of my other Samsung devices are incapable of ignoring/forgetting individual devices within Bluetooth.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi

On all platforms (Android, iOS, MacOS), the bluetooth pairing is handled by the system and not by VictronConnect. So it is normal and expected that this popup appears. Note that this screen advices 4 digit pincodes, but for Victron products, the pincode is always 6 digits long. And although the system handles the pairing, it is adviced to trigger the pairing from within VictronConnect and not via the bluetooth menu of the system

Regarding the pin code, when you never changed the pincode of the product that you are connecting to, "000000" should indeed be filled in here and it should connect. When you, at one point changed the pincode of the product using any phone, you should use that pincode.

When you are still unable to connect using the default "000000" or changed pincode, you can reset the pincode using the PUK code and the procedure described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_ResetPIN

After successfully executing this reset procedure, the PIN code is reset to "000000" and this should be used in the pairing request dialog.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
I never changed the PIN codes.
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi

Can you perhaps still try to reset the pin code using the PUK code procedure linked above and after that try to connect using the default pincode "000000"?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·
Yes, my s22 works just fine.

Dave.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources