I have been enduring constant over-voltages with the Multplus 12/1600/70-16
Story so far - Multiplus charge voltage kept rising to 16v now 28v
- Multiplus 12/1600/70-16
- MPPT 100/20 connected to the roof solar panel
- MPPT 100/30 for external Solar Solar Panels
- Orion-TR 12/12 - 30 DC/DC
- BMV712 Smart
- 2 x Leoch 130AH AGM batteries in parallel - now LifoP4
Connected to PI (except Orion) running GX 2.90
I completely stripped out the electrics and completely rewired them, adding each component and testing at each stage to eliminate external factors. So this seemed to be working - so I reinstalled the setup. I made the decision to replace the batteries with LifoP4 - not a cheap solution.
Testing seemed to be ok so I put the battery on charge - the next thing I was getting over voltage alerts and the charge voltage had risen to 28V 0A
Looking closer high voltage was pulsing - assuming when the LifoP4 reached charged the charge was disabled causing causing voltage overshoot which ultimately caused the BMS to disable the battery with COV error (Charge Over Voltage).
This apparently was a bug which was apparently fixed in firmware v496.
- Does anyone in community concur with this supposition?
- If this is still a bug why has it been not been fixed?
- Is the Multiplus no longer serviceable - faulty
At this point the Multiplus is less than useless - I'm currently using IP-43 to charge the battery using croc clips on the bus bars.
Any input will be apricated