question

friaras avatar image
friaras asked

Victron Cerbo GX to monitor 2 smartshunts and a charge controller with BT adapter?

Hello, so I been looking at the Cerbo GX to be able to monitor my back up systems remotely, I have 2 smart shunts with BT and a charge controller older model (with BT adapter) I like to know if I can use those 3 items with the Cerbo GX at the same time, and would like to remove the BT adapter from the charge controller if is possible, (maybe by replacing with a victron cable) to connect the 3 devices to the Serbo GX. I see different connectors on the Serbo but not sure if I can have 2 or 3 devices connected by BT or if I will need to purchase additional cables to be able to do this. The 2 shunts are in different systems, but the charge controller is in one of the systems with the second smart shunt. Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

Cerbo does have bt support, but only for non-victron products

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The Smartshunts and the charge controller need to be conneted to the CerboGX with cables.
The Bluetooth on the CerboGX is intended for initial network configuration and, as Ludo elluded, for connecting certain environmental sensors like the Ruuvi ones.

When you have two smartshunts connected to one CerboGX, only one of them can be assigned as the system battery monitor. The other one could be configured for monitoring DC loads. A CerboGX is intended to be the system hub for one system, not multiple systems.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic