question

hayloftllc avatar image
hayloftllc asked

SmartShunt 500a Aux Starter low

I have the Aux port wired to my generator battery 12vdc starter battery and it was reading correctly. I ran an update and now the voltage is readin 4.5 V ish. The battery is still reading 12.6v at the smart shunt when I use my voltage meter and is fully charged. I assume the update might have cause it to reset something to an incorrect voltage setting but I can’t find anything. Both main and aux batteries are 12v and I verified wiring per diagram from other posts.

SmartShuntbattery system voltagestarter battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

Are the minuses of both batteries connected to a common ground?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hayloftllc avatar image
hayloftllc answered ·

Yes they are both grounded to Chassi / Frame of trailer

I will try running a dedicated wire as a temp test to dbl check

but currently I see correct voltage at Aux port to ground with my fluke

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

You might try disconnecting the aux input and disabling the aux input in the shunt configuration. Then try reinstalling and re enabling. Might also try removing the 12v supply power from the shunt and reconnecting. Maybe a power cycle will reset it.

2 |3000

Related Resources