question

riker1 avatar image
riker1 asked

Smart Shunt Voltage Starter battery wrong

0-bmv-erroer-trend-1.jpgHi

when adding the starter battery the voltage was shown right

but than a little later, voltage dropped in shunt , but not in real, I checked with meter.

see trend data. any idea?

there is a drop in starter voltage without any reason

Actuall voltage of starter battery is still 25.2 but shunt showing 23.7

SmartShuntstarter battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Check the connections especially any crimp you may have made and the terminal where the sense wire connects into the Smartshunt. Also check the fuse, sometimes these can be loose in the holder.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

riker1 avatar image
riker1 answered ·

nothing changed, I did not touch it, and voltage jumped as shown in trend diagramm

2 |3000

riker1 avatar image
riker1 answered ·

I measured voltage on cable , and it is showing the correct voltage, but shunt not

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Do you have a common earth/ground/negative between the starter battery and the house system?

1 comment
2 |3000

riker1 avatar image riker1 commented ·
yes common ground
0 Likes 0 ·
riker1 avatar image
riker1 answered ·

yes

I am very astonished as I did not touch anything and the starter battery voltage just doubled

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Your shunt must still be under warranty. Please contact your dealer for warranty service.

2 comments
2 |3000

riker1 avatar image riker1 commented ·

warranty is over , 4 years old

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources