question

mschmied avatar image
mschmied asked

Monitoring second battery bank of 2

I have a house battery and two (2) engine start batteries that are in parallel.

Installed SmartShunt. House battery connected to "Vbatt+", VictronConnect App shows data perfectly.

Connected second red cable between one engine start battery positive terminal with "Aux" (to monitor voltage of "second" battery), however, it only shows half the voltage (i.e. 7.2V, when battery actually has 14.4V). This happens when connecting either of the two engine start battery. See image of configuration.

Am I missing something in the VictronConnect configuration? Is it possible to monitor the two engine start batteries that are in parallel ?

victron-2-st34-installation.jpg

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

Hi, I'm almost afraid to ask, but are you sure you don't have two 6v starter batteries in series?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mschmied avatar image
mschmied answered ·

No, I have two 12V batteries, wired in parallel.

2 |3000

mschmied avatar image
mschmied answered ·

Anyone having an idea about the above issue ?

2 |3000