question

dwesterg avatar image
dwesterg asked

CCGX/VRM log Multiplus DC input power?

I am looking at the log data available from VRM and am trying to distinguish between the normal DC load and the dc load due to the inverter. It seems the current and voltage are in the logs but i am unable to find a log of the input KWhs. Is this available anywhere?

I would like to see my power usage on AC vs DC systems.

Thanks,

Dalon

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVRMCCGX Color Control
8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

What components are in the system?

0 Likes 0 ·
dwesterg avatar image dwesterg boekel ♦ commented ·

multiplus 3k, ccgx, mppt 100/50, REC BMS. The CCGX displays the info i want, it just is collated into KWhs or captured in the log available on VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·

multiplus 3k, ccgx, mmpt 100/50 and a REC BMS.

0 Likes 0 ·
dwesterg avatar image dwesterg dwesterg commented ·

I get the "Battery to Consumers", but one of those consumers is the inverter. I would like to understand the power consumed by DC loads, one of which is my DC refrigeration.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ dwesterg commented ·

I'm assuming you have a shunt installed with the REC bms?

do you have 'has DC system' checked in the CCGX?

0 Likes 0 ·

yes. The information is displayed fine on the CCGX,

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ dwesterg commented ·

Then 'DC power' is calculated as the difference between AC loads and reported DC power from the Battery (BMS), it will never be very exact, and the inverter losses are also displayed as DC power.

0 Likes 0 ·

understood. I just see no way to extract that data from the csv data i download from VRM. in the KWh xls there doesnt appear to be any data that could correlate to the dc power usage (outside of inverter power).

--dalon

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @dwesterg, such a split in the log of Energy (kWh) is not available.

The “other” aka “system” dc power reading, visible when enabling ‘has dc system’, is the result of a calculation, no direct measurement.

The consumption kWh you see in the that download is (I think, I’m not sure to be honest, and the documentation is not 100% clear either) the AC and DC consumption combined.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.