question

Dylan Tucker avatar image
Dylan Tucker asked

Charging vehicle battery from DC to DC charger with MMPT Smart Solar

Hi all - I have a Citroen Relay that I've started the conversion process on. One thing I'm noticing is how quickly these van batteries drain when not in use due to the immiboliser and other gadgetry. I was hoping to come up with a way to have the vehicle battery at least trickly charged so this problem was mitigated. I so far have 2 leisure agm's and have started to piece together the components for a system, with 2 solar panels, an MMPT charger and a multiplus (all victron). I was considering a DC-DC charger too, but have started reading that it can be hard to get that working with an MMPT charger but have little other info on that side of things. Is that true and are there solid workarounds? I'm less worried about needing more power for the leisure batteries as if anything have probably overshot, but I really do want some sort of way to keep the starter battery topped up while sitting on the drive.

Thanks so much

battery chargingstarter batteryleisure batteries
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

You might want to consider a Cyrix battery combiner. Relatively cheap and simple to operate.

https://www.victronenergy.com.au/upload/documents/Datasheet-Cyrix-ct-120A-230A-EN.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic