question

rafavictron avatar image
rafavictron asked

Three phase scheme

Hello everyone, I,m new at Victron community and I,d like your help in a photovoltaic project which I,m dealing.

I,m taking some online training at Victron professional and I guess I,m learning, But I would like to share my case to hear yours opinions

I need a 3 phase off grid system with a ESS (30kwh possibly to up to 60kwh), to be installed at a single home. I understand that a gasoil/gasoline generator will be needed in case of emergency.

The AC loads could be around 40-60 kWh/day, and the peak consumption around 10 kw.

The power of solar panels installed around 18 kw.

A future conexión to the grid is possible.

I would like to hear your opinion about the best efficient system, (with newest Victron equipment actually) Thank you very much.

multi phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

Hola Rafa,

Is the peak 10kW load a 3 phase peak or a single phase peak. I ask this as you may be over dimensioning the system at the inverters.

If it is off grid, definitely get a generator which can be remotely started by the Victron equipment. If and unstable grid, a Quattro would be best as this has both ACIn (grid) and Generator inputs while the Multiplus has the one input which can be AC Grid or the generator - not both.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rafavictron avatar image
rafavictron answered ·

Gracias Ponzoa,

About the peak power consumption, it will be around 10 kw single phase or maybe more some special days.

It seems a good solution to install a three phase system with 3 Quattro II, 48/5000, which will provide around 15kv? Any other possible solution, or less expensive?

Thank you!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic