question

Nathan Ciaglia avatar image
Nathan Ciaglia asked

Multi Plus II - Trips off when batteries are full

Hey Guys,

I have an off grid installation where I'm having the issue that the multi running on L1 keeps tripping off every 2mins when the batteries are full.

The system comprises of 3 Multi Plus II's one of which is the GX unit, configured for a 3 phase system and 720Ah of lithium ion phosphate batteries. The three phase output from the multi's then runs 300m into the bush to a village where there are 10 small huts that I have installed 6 Fronius inverters and panels, two per phase.

I have called Fronius and gone through their inverters with the to confirm that they are in fact doing what they should when the frequency from the multi increases.

The Fronius inverters are all set to MG50 and the multi's have configured for no grid but have the PV assistant installed and configured.

Appreciate in advance any assistance anyone could offer.

Nathan

multi phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Your GX unit might have this issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Nathan Ciaglia avatar image
Nathan Ciaglia answered ·

Hey Seb,

I have my MultiPlus II GX on L2, the unit that keeps switching off is the non GX unit on L1.

Regards,

Nathan

2 |3000

tobias-schaufler avatar image
tobias-schaufler answered ·

Hello,

i don’t habe the answer but the same problem. When the system reaches the const. Voltage of the Batterie everything crashes and I have to plug off the grid that it goes into inverter mode. While I am charging nothing happens until it is full than it crashes again.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic