question

stephenjdrew66 avatar image
stephenjdrew66 asked

ac coupling easysolar

I read that the easysolar system incorporates a multiplus. As multiplus allows ac coupling does this mean easysolar also allows ac coupling?

EasySolar All-in-OneAC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
porcini avatar image
porcini answered ·

Yes, all of them do, even some Phoenix. For an offgrid installation you need the PV inverter support assistant and the PV Inverter has to be connected at the output of the multi. For ongrid ESS would be the best choice and it can be connected both. When the Inverter is used at the output it must not be bigger than the kVA value of the multi.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

raymond-nicolas avatar image
raymond-nicolas answered ·

Hi

Interesting note (I follow this topic)

I just order an easysolar 24/3000 and I hope, exceptionally to increase its capacity in power during 30minutes, up to 6000 or 7000W with AC coupling.

With Fronius inverter, It's very simple.

I wondered the question of feasibility because on the victron spaces where the subject is addressed it is always with multiplus or quatro inverter.

RN

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @RayMonD NICOLAS

In the easysolar it's the same hardware as a Multiplus, so yes, it has the same functions.

Please read about the 1:1 rule for AC coupled PV:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:start

0 Likes 0 ·