question

terriblement avatar image
terriblement asked

Current sensor port on MP2

Hello,

I'm new in victron product and i've seen so far in all videos a jack port for the current sensing.

I got only terminals, is that normal ? Does it mean I have to cut the jack connector of my sensor ?

pxl-20220910-153152631mp.jpg

Thanks for support

input current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Terriblement

The older 3.5mm jack connector has recently been replaced with the new connector block you see on your device.

The pins on the terminal from top to bottom are: INT (top), EXT (middle), COM (bottom).

You can still use the old current sensor but you will need to cut off the jack plug and then wire it up like this:

• Remove the jumper wire between the INT and COM terminals
  • Connect the red sensor wire to the EXT terminal
  • Connect the white sensor cable to the COM terminal

It is highly recommended that this be done by a qualified technician. The other option is to wait for the new current sensors to be available without this jack connector.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jay avatar image Jay commented ·

trs-jack.png

This is a TRS standard jack. I'm going to hack my YHDC 100A 50mA (SCT013) current sensor to make it fit as the instructions above. I will do this by using a female to female adaptor. One end is current sensor goes to adaptor then other end is old high quality leads which I don't mind cutting into a 1m length that I can crimp and put into the multiplus as per this thread.

Questions. Based on TRS headphone jack diagram I have supplied I use the sleeve wire into the multiplus COM port and I use the tip wire to the INT port?

Update: Found some info here: https://www.electroschematics.com/split-core-ct-primer/

0 Likes 0 ·
trs-jack.png (86.0 KiB)
Robert avatar image Robert commented ·
Hello, is this at a Phoenix Smart Inverter possible as well?

I want to measure the real current and Frequency what delivered by the Phoenix.

Best regards Robert

0 Likes 0 ·
terriblement avatar image
terriblement answered ·

Thanks a lot for your answer, it solves my problem

2 |3000

llyr-roberts avatar image
llyr-roberts answered ·

Just to add a manual snippet detail to @Stefanie's answer!

screenshot-2022-11-06-at-211942.png

2 |3000

Jay avatar image
Jay answered ·

Does the use of a current sensor require the current sensor assistant to be loaded into the multiplus?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic