question

lief ryan avatar image
lief ryan asked

Can you parallel a multiplus and a pheonix

Just wondering if I could run a multiplus and phoenix in parallel? Both the same specs.

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

No.

Why would you want to?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lief ryan avatar image
lief ryan answered ·

I have 3k multiplus and I sometimes need extra power and I found a cheap phoenix

2 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
It would be better to split your DB and run two separate systems.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@lief ryan

Same specs is not the same as chip number.

Short answer no, it is not supported.

See this document here for more information.

2 |3000

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

No, but you can run them in series, feed the Phoenix output through the Multiplus AC input and use Power assist / Power control.

You need to use a relay or something to generate a signal when the Phoenix is active and use it on a digital input on the MP with a makro / assistant on the MP to set charge current to zero and input current limit accordingly.

They don't need to be the same size or even same manufacturer, but you need a high quality pure sine wave inverter with a stable voltage and frequency.

I run occasionally a Mastervolt MassSine2000 (2kVA) Inverter into my Victron Quattro 5000 inverter to boost the power up to 7kVA , works without issues.

1 comment
2 |3000

lief ryan avatar image lief ryan commented ·

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic