question

christophersmith avatar image
christophersmith asked

Quattro Software Incompatibility?

Good Evening!

Looking for some insight and suggestions. I'm currently running a 3-phase mobile power system consisting of a (6) Quattro 48/8000/110 230V inverters, a Lynx Ion+Shunt, with lithium batteries, and a CCGX.

Long story short, we had an inverter that started acting up, going into overload, and shutting everything down. We procured a new Quattro, and installed it in the system. The new firmware was pushed to all the devices (v497). However, I am getting Error 25, stating "One of the other Multis has too old a software version to work together with this Multi." In VE System Config, I am unable to send the new configuration to the devices, as I am seeing a system check message stating that "only devices of the same type are allowed."

The original system was purchased and installed in late 2016; I just got the new inverter in April of this year (and just got around to installing it). Are there mechanical or software-related differences in the newer units that would prevent it from functioning in phase with the older five? For the life of me, I cannot troubleshoot this, and I see no option or ability to update the "software" of any of the units. Unfortunately, everything I am seeing uses "firmware" and "software" almost interchangeably, which in this particular case is no help.

My next step is to order five other new Quattros, but at the same time that's a hefty pricetag and a lot of down time. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not a novice at this, and have gone through every manual and troubleshooting avenue I can think of, but this one has me stumped. Is there a chance that we just got a "bad" new unit out of the box? Thanks!

Christopher

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware updatesoftware
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Try making the new unit the master.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The dealers have the information about this and will require serial numbers to check.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.