question

big-ste avatar image
big-ste asked

VE Bus smart Dongle issues

Can I plug the smart dongle into the BMS (remote rj45 socket) to get functionality when using the App on my phone, switch on/off etc.

VE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Which part exactly are you trying to connect it too?

0 Likes 0 ·
big-ste avatar image big-ste Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I have a multiplus C12/1600 and wanted to use the smart dongle so I can switch it on/off/inverter only. The dongle worked plugged into the multiplus when I had lead acid batteries, however now I can see what the multiplus is doing but nothing happens when I try to switch off/on etc. The other thing is I’m not getting any error messages.

I was hopping that by plugging the dongle into the remote socket of the ve bus for the Victron lipo battery I would get the functionality back for the multiplus.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I think you will find that if you have a VE BMS installed and assistants setup then ONLY a DMC will turn the multis on/OFF.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic