question

mark8par avatar image
mark8par asked

Victron Multiplus & Pylontech battery placement

Hi, looking to have solar installed and concerned about the placement of the Multiplus and pylon tech battery placement and distance from the meter. Basically the meter is on the side of the garage but I can't place the equipment in the garage as it is a workshop and I have no room. I do have another room next to the garage that could be used but the wiring would be about 10m from the meter, would this cause any issues?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

victron products
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Given that solar does not connect to either a multiplus, or pylontech batts, you seem to have missed some information.
0 Likes 0 ·
mark8par avatar image mark8par klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Maybe its my lack of knowledge I just thought with it being part of the installation I would include in the question. As the installer is miles away from me I am looking at locations for the Inverter and batteries and the only place really is about 10m away from the meter cupboard.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

There's nothing to be concerned about. Just be aware the multi's make a bit of noise when working, so don't put it anywhere near your yoga mat.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mark8par avatar image mark8par commented ·
Bloody hell, that's another problem then as the mrs does Yoga in that room and im not kidding.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ mark8par commented ·
Not sure what setup you have planned or your power supply, but if it fits your requirements, you could consider one of the RS units instead which are much quieter.
0 Likes 0 ·
mark8par avatar image mark8par nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks, I was particularly interested in the UPS function
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ mark8par commented ·

They all do that, it's more about power required, amount of solar, certification etc.

Have a look here at the hybrid unit https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multi-rs-solar

Perhaps it fits your needs, else some cordless headphones and whale song should do the trick.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Alsoake sure the multiplus is as close to the batteries as possible. High DC current at low voltage = big losses. Best if the longer cabling is the higher voltage AC side.

1 comment
2 |3000

mark8par avatar image mark8par commented ·
The multiplus can be place next to the batteries, its the cable from this to the meter box.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic