question

loxley avatar image
loxley asked

Victron Connect: remote configure timing out at 40%

Hi all,

I'm having an issue remotely configuring VE.direct devices through the VictronConnect app. I've followed the instructions here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/victonconnect-remote--vc-r----configuration-and-monitoring-via-vrm.html

The error I'm getting is that it's stalling at 40%, on all the VRM installations I have access to and have tried.

1661231692985.png

The modal dialog then displays the following, after a little while:

1661231465947.png

Is the MQTT-RPC timeout issue perhaps related to the recent header message (regarding delayed processing) that's appeared on the VRM?

I've tried this using the latest Windows app (v. 5.73), and latest Android app (v. 5.73)

Update: A couple of follow on questions:

1. Is it possible to see any logs (I can ssh with root access) to help determine why it's timing out?

2. Is it possible to increase the timeout value?

Thanks!

VictronConnectMQTT
1661231465947.png (14.5 KiB)
1661231692985.png (24.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
100mpgus avatar image
100mpgus answered ·

I get that message when I am not connected to a wifi network. it will say 20% then 40% then stay there and I do not know it it will go away and give me another error message because I bail out. I have watched it too many times to know it it sticks at 40%, thats the end.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

loxley avatar image loxley commented ·

Have you ever got it working (either on a wired / wifi connection)?

0 Likes 0 ·
loxley avatar image
loxley answered ·

Does anyone have an update on this? It's still not working for me, and it would be great to be able to remotely re-configure ve.bus components.

I noticed this question and answer, but following the 'logout, login' process didn't fix it for me:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/88835/victron-connect-to-gx-connected-devices-times-out.html

2 |3000

over-and-under-victron avatar image
over-and-under-victron answered ·

I am having the same issue but it just started....any insights?

2 |3000

greatlake avatar image
greatlake answered ·

I had the same issue after installing several scripts and packages from Github to integrate my non-Victron PV inverter with my installation using openDTU.

The failure may have to do with duplicate VRM instance numbers and/or service IDs. After configuring openDTU on VenusOS tthe Hoymiles PV inverter was listed twice in the device list on the VRM portal. On the remote console openDTU was associated with Modbus TCP services
- com.victronenergy.pvinverter and
- com.victronenergy.grid
with a duplicate unit ID & VRM instance number.

I deleted the duplicate entry (grid) from VRM portal leaving the pvinverter entry only and rebooted my GX device (Raspberry PI 3 with VenusOS). I restarted the openDTU service. After doing so another menu entry showed up on the remote console. "Remove deleted instances" or so. By clicking on it the openDTU duplicate on the services list was removed which resolved the issue.

1698323305060.png

1698323305060.png (59.4 KiB)
2 |3000

karelholubicka avatar image
karelholubicka answered ·

All of sudden, same thing here.

VRM is OK, but VictronConnect fails via VRM. Local devices are OK.

There were no account changes for more than a year.

VictronConnect Logout+in = no change.

Actually, there are three possible outcoms:

1/ Connecting locks at 40%, after a minute an error message "Unable to retrieve list of devices", log here: Error.log

2/ Fails almost instantly with RFC broker error

3/ (On the installation where I tested Bluetooth connection) Shows cerbo with no error message, but device list is empty.

What to do?

error.log (41.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Well, during testing on the installation, which changed behaving from 1/ to 3/ there was a firmware update.

So - I updated firmware on all installations to 3.12, and:

One Cerbo was fixed by this, one CCGX did not change behaviour(1/) and one cerbo disappeared from VictronConnect, while in VRM all three are OK..???

... but the fixed Cerbo next time failed again, "unable to connect to the RPC broker,#R2 error..Error2.log

I'm lost.

error2.log (138.9 KiB)
2 |3000

And .. after a hour and no changes .. all works normally......should I blame network for that?

2 |3000

Related Resources