question

David avatar image
David asked

Victron Connect to GX connected devices times out

Trying to use Victron Connect via the VRM tab and it hangs up on the "connecting" at 40% and then times out with an "unable to retrieve" message

I can access the system via VRM normally, see all the devices in the device list, run the Remote Console, all the usual things, but just cannot connect to any VE.Direct devices via Connect/VRM.

Tried rebooting the Cerbo but no difference. Also tried running Victron Connect from Windows PC, Tablet and Phone and identical results - hangs up on 40% and then times out.

Is this a local installation issue or VRM system glitch? (worked fine always until today).

VictronConnect
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

Can you post a VictronConnect service report here? The procedure to make one is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
David avatar image
David answered ·

Found the answer!

I changed my email address for the VRM login. I didn't pickup on the requirement to logout of Victron Connect and then log back in again (didn't even have to supply the new email address or password - that was automatic) and back to normal.

So ... Reason was the credentials no longer matched. But it would have been nice if Victron Connect actually came up with a message giving you a clue when you try to access the Devices via the VRM tab rather than just hanging up.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thank you for reporting the issue and sharing your findings. We are going to improve this showing a proper message when the credentials are not valid anymore.

0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image
David answered ·

No one else having this problem? Very inconvenient as I am running BMV-700 monitors and setting them up from the display is a right pain :(

2 |3000

Related Resources