question

Pierre-Marie Baty avatar image
Pierre-Marie Baty asked

How to extend Multiplus-II GX 48/5000 ?

Hello

I have a ESS system that runs well, centered around a MPII-GX 48/5000. The integrated GX feature is very nice. Now I would like to increase its inverting capacity to 10-12 kVA.

Do you think it would be best if I swap it with a MPII 10000 (with an external Cerbo GX to restore monitoring capability) or add a "slave" device (if possible) to my existing MPII-GX and if so what sort of hardware would you advise for that ?

If you already set up such systems, I'd appreciate to hear your retrospective feedback.

Thanks all in advance for your replies,

Multiplus-IIVenus GX - VGXmultiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Pierre-Marie Baty

For a DIY setup, swap to a bigger device and uograde the battery bank as well.

The other alternative is to split your DB up and run a totally separate system for the other loads independent.of the first system.

Parellel systems can be complicated to troubleshoot and get right. (Actually even as a person who installs). And you never quite get twice the power anyway. So a 10 to 12 load with 2 5s will be just out of reach.

For 12 kva load inverting you need 15kva of inverter.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pierre-Marie Baty avatar image Pierre-Marie Baty commented ·
Hi Alexandra and thank you for your reply. Yes this is a DIY setup.

What device(s) are you thinking about more precisely when you advise me to swap my MPII-GX to a bigger device ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Pierre-Marie Baty avatar image Pierre-Marie Baty Pierre-Marie Baty commented ·
I see that for 15 kVA my only choice is the Quattro. I guess this answers the question...
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Pierre-Marie Baty commented ·
Yeah. Definitely need the power house there.
0 Likes 0 ·