I tried to update my Quattro but the process failed. I have tried several options and no success so far and need to help to get back on track.
- Quattro 12|3000|120, PCB version 010021-4, original FW 1931119
- UTP cable of 1 meter
- UTP cable of 2 meter
- MK2 (I don’t have an MK3)
- Windows 10 DELL notebook with latest VE toolset
- Windows 7 desktop with latest VE toolset
What I did:
1) I downloaded the firmware from the professional Victron site. I have now two files: 1931159.vff and 1931209.vff
2) I stated VE-Firmware on my notebook and followed the instructions. I selected the 1931159 firmware without the assistant support.
3) I made sure that the dip switches were set ok (DS1-off, DS2-on)
4) At first the boot-loader was updated. This went apparently well, as subsequently the firmware was updated.
5) The update failed during the postprocessing phase (a windows pops up labeled: updating / post processing and shows a progress bar. The progress bar stops at about 80%.
6) A “General Failure” is reported and I can only click “OK”, after which the application is terminated.
7) I repeated the process, with hopes that a second time the update would be successful. The bootloader was not updated this time. The general failure appeared at the same moment.
I have recorded the process, see movie at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/92r7y4s6qw53ew9/Quattro_FW_Update_failure.MOV?dl=0
8) For a second try I used a desktop with Windows 7. I also downloaded the firmware again from the professional Victron site. The process of updating and failing is identical to the notebook process.
9) I now tried it again with the 1931209 (with assistant support) version of the firmware. Same result.
10) Next, used a longer cable, no result again.
I now have an unusable Quattro with 8 flashing LEDs. My questions:
a) What to do? How can I make the update work?
b) What happens at about 80% of the postprocessing phase? Is this a CRC check for example?
c) What is exactly going on? A “General Error” is not providing my any guideline to resolve the situation. Is there a log file, or can I enable generating one?
Thanks in advance for your help.