question

minisolar avatar image
minisolar asked

Purchased a used MultiPlus 3K VA - left side is dented. Should I try to return it?

img-0207.jpegimg-0206.jpegRecently purchased unit online, what was advertised as an excellent condition used Multiplus 12V -> 120V 3000VA unit. It arrived with a dent in the left side (when viewing it from the front cover), where the two bolts are that hold (what I assume is a giant transformer inside.) Should I return to seller or is this mostly cosmetic? With the front cover off it appears in excellent condition otherwise.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

-Dan

victron products
img-0207.jpeg (742.7 KiB)
img-0206.jpeg (1.7 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Hard to say, depends how that dent was made. Electrical gear doesn’t like to be manhandled.

Personally, that doesn’t qualify as excellent condition. On that basis alone I would return it.

That you’re asking the question, says you already suspect that’s the best decision.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I second this usually a dent or damage voids warranty. Falls under mechanical damage and deformation.

https://victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Victron-Energy-Limited-Warranty-Policy.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
minisolar avatar image minisolar Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I sent it back. just didn't seem worth the risk.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ minisolar commented ·

Kind of sucks. They are pretty robust units. As linked by ejrossouw.

Totally worth investing in a good one at least

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic