question

murphy-r avatar image
murphy-r asked

Phoenix Smart IP43 relay be controlled from Cerbo GX?

I currently have a Cerbo GX setup in my network. I am looking to install one of the new Phoenix Smart IP43 and see that it has a programmable relay. I would like to control the Phoenix programmable relay from the Cerbo. Checking to see first if the support is there for:

Q1: Does VE. Direct even support the ability to program the Phoenix relay?

Q2: If yes to Q1. Does the Venus OS for Cerbo support the ability to control the Phoenix relay remotely (on/off)?

Q3: If yes to Q2: Does the Node-Red plugin for Venus support the capability in Q2?

cerbo gxNode-REDPhoenix Smart Charger ip43
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@murphy_r

A1: Yes. Without VE.Direct connection no relay control (except via VictronConnect).

A2: No.

A3: Even if the answer to Q2 is No, the answer to Q3 is yes. See attached screenshot. The relay mode must be set to Remote Control (via VictronConnect) and the IP43 must be in On mode for the relay to be controlled remotely.

bildschirmfoto-2022-08-15-um-183021.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

murphy-r avatar image
murphy-r answered ·

Thanks Stefanie,

This is going to allow me to do some intelligent control of charging source (AC vs DC) for my batteries. Now I can have awareness of when engines are running or Solar Panels to dynamically control where those Amps go in my battery priority

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, to add to Stefanie: careful, there are limitations wrt controlling that relay in the PHoenix Smart Charger.

Details here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:large#controlling_relays.

2 |3000