question

mcarse avatar image
mcarse asked

Cerbo GX and VE.Smart Networking

I have the following installed:
- BMV-712
- Blue Smart IP22 12/30 Charger
- SmartSolar 100/30

These are all currently communicating using VE Smart Networking.

I would like to add a Cerbo GX and eventually a GX Tank Monitor.

I would like the Cerbo GX for remote remote monitoring and data logging purposes (read only). Can this be done without interfering with the VE.Smart Networking?

Reason being, I would like the BlueSmart IP22 to still be able to obtain charge data from the BMV-712. I have considered replacing the Blue Smart Charger with a Phoenix IP43 Charger 12/30 however don't appear to be able to source them in Canada.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

cerbo gxBMV Battery MonitorVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Smart networking is specifically for installations that don't have a GX device. You'll only be able to monitor devices that have a cable interface such as VE.direct.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mcarse avatar image
mcarse answered ·

Thank you, I understand I will only be able to monitor the devices with a VE.Direct Port. Will connecting the Cerbo for remote monitoring, cause the Smart Network to stop functioning correctly? I just want to add the remote monitoring to my existing setup.

I would like to leave the Smart Network enabled to allow the BlueSmart charger to benefit from the data. I would leave DVCC disabled on the Cerbo.

2 |3000