question

adamb avatar image
adamb asked

Wrong voltage reading SmartSolar 250/60

c6ff3a65-9290-43c0-9cfa-d111ed86f4c5.jpegHello, I just bought the SmartSolar 250/60 and I observe that the voltage on app is too different than the multimeter measurement.

As you can see in screenshot (taken at night), the controller reads 25.79V on battery and the multimeter 30.12V (measured on the controller’s screws and on batteries).

There is also a big difference on panel’s voltage, for example in the afternoon was ~110V on app and ~125 on multimeter (don’t have a screenshot right now).

My system runs on 24V (2*12V 200Ah batteries), with 3 PVs in series (Bifacial Luxor 540W). No fuses between batteries and controller.

Is there any malfunction on controller?

Thanks in advance.

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolarvoltagebattery system voltagesmart solar charging behaviour
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@AdamB Could the multimeter have a flat battery? That rest voltage for the batteries is way too high to be realistic. I mention the meter battery because my fluke meter recently was reading high and it was because the 9v battery was flat.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adamb avatar image adamb commented ·

Oh, I hadn’t thought of that just because my fluke was always right. But maybe this is the reason because this voltage is unrealistic.

I’m gonna check it tomorrow.

Thank you @Trevor Bird!

0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird adamb commented ·
@AdamB ….was it the battery?
0 Likes 0 ·
adamb avatar image adamb Trevor Bird commented ·

Sorry for the delay…yes, after the change everything work perfect!

Thank you!

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic