question

towatai avatar image
towatai asked

Show Battery Voltage measured by Smartsolar @ VRM Dashboard

Hello all,
I am looking for a way to display the battery voltage measured by my Smartsolar on the VRM dashboard without having to go to the Advanced tab every time. Unfortunately, my BMS (Daly) in conjunction with the driver from Louis von der Walt only gives relatively inaccurate values of the total voltage. I have checked it several times with a meter and the voltage measured by the Smartsolar fits so far. If it is enough to modify a file on my Raspberry Pi with VenusOS, I would be very happy about the corresponding lines of code. Alternatively, maybe someone knows a way to overwrite the displayed battery voltage in the dashboard with that of the Smartsolar?

VRMBMSbatterydashboard display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@towatai

Just in case you didn't know, in a perfectly configured system and making use of either DVCC (see https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html#UUID-137722ab-6d45-db8c-47f7-581403ef7d9a whether your system meets the requirements) or VE.Smart Networking and shared voltage sense (see https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Smart_Networking/en/index-en.html, the SmartSolar battery voltage is equal to the battery voltage.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

towatai avatar image towatai commented ·

I am of course aware that the smartsolar battery voltage is equal to the battery voltage. I am only interested in displaying it on the VRM dashboard without having to switch to the Advanced tab every time. DVCC is of course enabled for me and works fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
greenbimoon avatar image
greenbimoon answered ·

I have the same question, why can't I see mppt battery voltage and amps on the dashboard.

I know I can go to advanced to see it, but I'd rather see it directly at the dashboard

2 |3000