question

johnb80 avatar image
johnb80 asked

What is the best BMS to use with MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50 230V GX

I about to expand my home solar PV / Battery system by adding a completely independent unit. 16 x 280ah LifeP04 EVE cells connected to MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50 230V GX. I need to get a BMS, what would you guys / gals recommend for this ideally I'd like something that will just plug & play or am I hoping for too much?

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Louis van der Walt avatar image
Louis van der Walt answered ·

If you want to get a DIY BMS to work, then I suggest one that is supported by my serialbattery driver.
Although I never suggest the Daly, any of the others should work fine.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/76159/victron-venusos-driver-for-serial-connected-bms-av.html

There are a few other BMS that is also supported. Just get the best BMS for the money you have.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnb80 avatar image johnb80 commented ·
It sounds a tad complicated, whats involved harware and software please.
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@johnb80

If you're asking for a Victron recommendation then the answer is none. Victron BMSes are specifically for Victron lithium batteries.

1 comment
2 |3000

johnb80 avatar image johnb80 commented ·

Thanks for the info

That seems such a shame, given that pretty much all batteries are LifeP04 why do they not supply it? it only monitor the voltages in the normal way and switch on and off as required.

0 Likes 0 ·
baxter avatar image
baxter answered ·

REC, Batrium, Seplos, JKBMS

2 |3000

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Look at the REC, good integration.

2 |3000