question

dmitriysimonenko avatar image
dmitriysimonenko asked

Changing the Administrator of a VRM installation

Hi.

I am trying to add a new installation on the VRM portal. It is the Victron Ethernet Remote.

After entering the IMEI device and pressing the "Request Access" button, the following message is displayed:

How can I find out who is the administrator of the device and his email and add myself to the administrators?

VRM
1542976375274.png (9.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

As you are seeing that message, an email has already been sent to the registered Admin of that Portal ID, along with your details.

If you do not receive a reply from them directly, and you wish to modify the Administrator of the VRM site, you will need to contact the dealer from whom the part was purchased.

Send an email or call the dealer and make a "Victron VRM Change of Administrator Request" with them, along with the VRM Portal ID, and proof of purchase/ownership of the device.

They will then be able to follow the matter up through their Victron Sales Manager who can also check with the existing administrator on record and if necessary make the change directly.

If the Installer, Dealer, Distributor chain is no longer available, or unknown you will need to open a support ticket here.

These procedures are in place for security reasons, and this is not something available to end-users.

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dmitriysimonenko avatar image dmitriysimonenko commented ·

Thank you for fast answer!

0 Likes 0 ·
oceanlove avatar image oceanlove commented ·

Hi there. Same problem. Just bought a house with a big solar/battery setup which I need to get on top of. The previous owner is dead (yes unfortunately). Don't know where he bought his Victron Colour so it's a bit difficult. Is there really no way I can reset the administrator?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ oceanlove commented ·

Hi @Oceanlove

I've sent you an email.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jaco Koegelenbrg avatar image Jaco Koegelenbrg Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Daniel

I have the same problem as @Oceanlove

Please can you assist.

Kind Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Jaco Koegelenbrg commented ·

@Voltageza

Things have changed since 2019.

You can direct contact the dealer (even if you done know who it is) using this page - scroll down to the bottom and enter the serial number.

If it doesn't work you can still request supoort and it will be passed to the correct person to deal with it.

0 Likes 0 ·
sethwils avatar image sethwils commented ·

Hi, I have a second hand system bought from an "unofficial" Victron dealer/breaker. I have no idea who the original owner or dealer was, but need access to the VRM Portal and removal of the previous admins/users (who seem to be accessing my installation!!). I've sent via the VRM Portal the request to the previous admin (email?) and raised a support request.

Is it possible to do a manual migration, and what info do you need from me? The system didn't exactly come with a sales receipt... The guy I bought it from breaks gensets and power units for spares, I believe my installation was once working on the Crossrail project.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ sethwils commented ·

Hi @sethwils

I sent you an email.

0 Likes 0 ·
ben-sayward avatar image
ben-sayward answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron energy Staff)

I have the opposite problem, a installation we put in has dissapeared from my list of sites on VRM, and VE Power Setup, I have the site ID (from a screenshot) and the VRM ID, who do I contact as an Installer to regain access to this site, its quite urgent as we have set the ESS to keep charged whilst on site and now need to return it to normal state.

The client himself has forgotten his username and password also so I need administrator priveliges to set him back up on VRM.

Regards

Ben

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Ben,

I think it would be the same procedure obtain access via the distributor -> Victron sales manager.

I will send you an email in this case.

Regards,

Guy

0 Likes 0 ·
enjytme avatar image
enjytme answered ·

(Victron Energy Staff)

I too have a system I bought second hand and haven't had any luck getting a response from the previous owner. Can you email me instructions on how to proceed? Trying to set up the VRM.

2 |3000

paddy13 avatar image
paddy13 answered ·

Hello,

also i have now the same Problem. I buy a used Venus GX, and dont know where the old admin is.

the Victron dealer dont can help me here..

Any ideas?

Thank you

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Paddy13

If your dealer doesn't help you, the next step is to contact the sales manager of your area, you can find contact details here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/contact

0 Likes 0 ·
bpkelleher avatar image
bpkelleher answered ·

I have the problem of purchasing a second hand system installed in a travel trailer, purchased from an individual. I am unable to add the Cerbo GX as an installation on the VRM. I was able to find the installer, but he cannot give me access. He said only the previous owner can. I contacted the previous owner and he added me as a user with full access. However, I still cannot add the installation. I just get the following message "All administrators of the installation have been notified by email. It will be accessible for you after one of them approves the request." Is there another path to getting this done?

Thank you!

6 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@bpkelleher

If the previous owner added you as a full admin, the install appears automatically in your VRM account, which should already be registered. You do not have to do anything to add it (as if it was a new install - since it is not new)

They have to have your email address correct though. I have seen this is the biggest error when people add others to an install.

The installer should have been able to add you after confirmation with the previous owner even if they were only monitors on the install.

Get the owner to send you a screen shot showing your added vrm user profile/email to the install.

0 Likes 0 ·
The fact that you get that email means that you have full access already. klick the link in the email and you'll go to the installation on VRM.
0 Likes 0 ·
bpkelleher avatar image bpkelleher Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for your responses @Alexandra @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff). I have not received any email. The previous owner told me that he gave me full access, yet it still does not appear in my account, and I have not received an invitation email. I did check to be sure he used the correct email address. He sent me a screen capture showing my email address is correct and that he has indeed given me full control. Is there some step that we could be missing?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ bpkelleher commented ·
My apologies I misread before. what is the vrm id of the system? and is your VRM email address the same as what your registered here in community?

@bpkelleher

0 Likes 0 ·
bpkelleher avatar image bpkelleher Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

The VRM ID is [removed] and the email for my VRM account is [removed] Thanks @Daniël

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ bpkelleher commented ·

ok, and the name and / or email of the previous owner?

(found the system but you are not invited from there)
or:
what is the serial number of the cerbo?

Update: I got the screenshot of the original owner, he never clicked 'allow'

You have access now.

0 Likes 0 ·
michael-kraemer avatar image
michael-kraemer answered ·

I have a Greenrock system from Bluesky with a Cerbo GX. This company is bankrupt. The "Request Access" requests will not be answered. How can I transfer the Cerbo GX to my VRM portal?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@michael-kraemer

You submit a formal request here ...

https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

It will pass on to the dealer/distributor who supplied the end sales.

The previous owner should also have access to the system. Send the request anyway and see who answers. Then you have done due diligence. Still follow up with the formal request.

1 Like 1 ·
michael-kraemer avatar image
michael-kraemer answered ·

Thank you

2 |3000

mirkobl71 avatar image
mirkobl71 answered ·

Hi, I have a CCGX second hand. Trying to set up the VRM i see the same as reported from @dmitriysimonenko

And haven't had any luck getting a response from the previous installer.

Can please help me setting my CCGX on VRM portal? thanks,

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi @MirkoBL71

If the Installer, Dealer, Distributor chain is no longer available, or unknown you will need to open a support ticket here.

0 Likes 0 ·
mirkobl71 avatar image mirkobl71 commented ·
Thanks for fast reply. Already done with support ticket on October 8. But never see response. I'm retry, maybe I'll be more lucky.

I love this product and I would like to exploit all remote VRM features.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ mirkobl71 commented ·

Indeed, please try again and then let me know if there is no response after a few days and I can look further into where the process is failing.

0 Likes 0 ·