I would like to add a second string of panels and also upgrade the inverter that I use, as I have growing peak ac power needs.
My current setup:
- Venus GX
- 13.4 Kw/h of 48V Pylontech lithium batteries
- Multiplus II 48V 3000VA (I now require something bigger >=5000VA)
- MPPT Blue Solar 150/70
- 4.5 Kw of panels (I have plenty space with no shadows for a second string)
I would like to:
- Buy RS 48V 6000VA Smart Solar
- Add 8x450W panels in a single string (400V) connected the RS 48V 6000VA
- Have the Multiplus II just working as a charger from the generator (in charger mode)
My specific questions:
- Can the charging work with the RS and the Blue Solar properly coordinating via the Venus GX?
- Can the Multiplus II work alongside the RS (in charger mode)?
As an alternative, I've also evaluated to add a second Multiplus II in parallel and add PV's via AC coupling, having the parallel Multiplus II doing the charge but as the RS 48V 6000V is such a good value, I would rather keep it with DC coupling as I have zero experience with AC coupling and I've read some mixed experiences.