question

lluisball avatar image
lluisball asked

RS 48V 6000VA Smart Solar + MPPT Blue Solar 150/70 + VenusGX

Hi!

I would like to add a second string of panels and also upgrade the inverter that I use, as I have growing peak ac power needs.

My current setup:

• Venus GX
  • 13.4 Kw/h of 48V Pylontech lithium batteries
  • Multiplus II 48V 3000VA (I now require something bigger >=5000VA)
  • MPPT Blue Solar 150/70
  • 4.5 Kw of panels (I have plenty space with no shadows for a second string)

I would like to:

• Buy RS 48V 6000VA Smart Solar
  • Add 8x450W panels in a single string (400V) connected the RS 48V 6000VA
  • Have the Multiplus II just working as a charger from the generator (in charger mode)

My specific questions:

1. Can the charging work with the RS and the Blue Solar properly coordinating via the Venus GX?
  2. Can the Multiplus II work alongside the RS (in charger mode)?

As an alternative, I've also evaluated to add a second Multiplus II in parallel and add PV's via AC coupling, having the parallel Multiplus II doing the charge but as the RS 48V 6000V is such a good value, I would rather keep it with DC coupling as I have zero experience with AC coupling and I've read some mixed experiences.

Thanks!

Venus OScharge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@lluisball

Yes, the system will be co ordinated. The Pylons will control the charging with DVCC.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lluisball avatar image
lluisball answered ·

Thanks @Alexandra !

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic