question

porcini avatar image
porcini asked

Feature Request: Combining "BatteryLife" (ESS) with Ignore AC

Hi,

ESS is definitively the best solution for self consumption. But there are still a few cases where it is not allowed to be grid parallel or it is too expensive to install an anti islanding device. Furthermore there are situations where ESS isn't the best solution to use, e.g. in a camper. But these people often don't want to waste their solar power while being connected to the grid.

So what I thought would be nice to have is to combine the "Ignore AC" functionality with the "BatteryLife" from ESS. This would give the option to use self consumption while keeping the batterys alive. I don't know how complicated it would be to implement this (in ESS, VS, HUB1 or other) but it would be great to have full batterys every few days without always looking after them. There should probably also be an option in Venus OS for disabling this (enable charger). So when the camper leaves the campsite the battery could optional charge to 100% from grid before.

What do others think about this?

regards,

porcini

virtual switch
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented ·

I have also a strong interest in this. I have placed a related question here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/13712/powerassist-with-priority-to-solar.html

But I would be happy as well if it does not involve powerassist. I just want to minimize the AC in expenditure.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I have answered just to remove this from the unanswered questions list

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE Configure/Virtual Switch

Ignore AC input using the Generator Assistant