question

valschae avatar image
valschae asked

BMV 712 and wifi: what do I need? I have wifi (hotspot) in the van.

Hi, I would like to monitor my battery remotely. Is the Global link 520 the cheapest solution? I have wifi in the van and a BMV 712. Thank you

BMV Battery Monitormonitoringwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

With the GlobalLink 520, you would need a cellular data connection and probably pay for the additional device on your account.

An alternative would be to connect the BMV 712 to a Raspberry PI running Venus OS and connect that to the internet via hard wired ethernet or Wi-Fi. You would need a VE.Direct to USB adapter cable as well. That arrangement would cost less than the GlobalLink but might not be as convenient.

You could also use a Cerbo GX, but that's as much as the GlobalLink WITHOUT a display.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

valschae avatar image
valschae answered ·

Thanks. I thought the global link 520 came with 5 years of connection (in the US). Am I mistaken?

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
Yes, you are correct. Sorry.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page