question

cw8 avatar image
cw8 asked

Limit Multiplus current or high current alarm

I have Multiplus 3000/12/120, BMV-712, and Cerbo.

My batteries are slightly undersized given the full current capability of the Multiplus. They can produce 200A continuous and 400A for a few seconds.

One option is to simply limit AC use, and monitor the current being drawn from the batteries.

What automated options are there? Can the Multiplus be programmed to limit the current draw? Can BMV or Cerbo be programmed to alarm when current is over a set value? Any other ideas or recommendations?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxBMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

On-grid or off-grid?

In off-grid the MultiPlus will always take from the battery what is needed to supply the loads, there is no way to limit that current.

In on-grid you can limit the inverter power.

As an alarm you could program the relay of the Cerbo as "Generator start/stop" to switch it if the load is above power X. Connect a lamp or buzzer to the relay and you can see/hear that the power is to high.

Or you connect some of your load to the AC OUT 2 (non critical loads) and configure that to switch off if the power is to high.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cw8 avatar image cw8 commented ·
Thank you! (Off-grid, so will use Cerbo generator relay)
0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

You can use the output power in the assistants AFAIK to turn off the inverter on a treshold, you can also use a switch on a digital input to fire up that rule and turn this limit on and off. Your unit will then just turn off (without an error) when you exceed the limit. But I would recommend to add a battery instead and provide the necessary current.

You can also use the assistant to control a relay and a alarm buzzer instead if you want to, it is easyly done.

2 |3000