question

zpv avatar image
zpv asked

Second VE.Direct Port on Multiplus II GX?

Hi,
I would like to connect two MPPTs to a Multiplus II GX. Unfortunately there is only one VE.Direct and no VE.Can port on it.
However there is an additional JST-PH connector on the GX PCB with a label "VE.Direct" (please see the photos).
Can I connect an MPPT directly to this additional port?

Thanks for your answer!img-20220730-165018.jpgimg-20220730-164955.jpg

Multiplus-IIVE.DirectVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

This internal port is used in the EasySolar-II GX for the internal MPPT so yes you can use that.
You can also use the USB port on the outside with a VE.direct to USB cable and if you need more you can just use a USB-Hub.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zpv avatar image zpv commented ·
Thank you for your answer.

I have tested this internal port and it really works with the MPPT.

1 Like 1 ·
jaqibar avatar image
jaqibar answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE . I have the same goal with connecting two MPPT's to GX. But it does not seem to see the the second unit plugged in at the plug internally. Is there anything I need to activate somewhere?

2 comments
2 |3000

1234enough avatar image 1234enough commented ·

Keep us updated on this one, as I'm also looking at 2x VE direct on multiplus-ii

0 Likes 0 ·
Alistair Warburton avatar image Alistair Warburton 1234enough commented ·
I think... Settings>Multiplus Device>Advanced>[Redetect System] may fix that.

If not it shouldn't do any harm. I would still recommend backing up settings first though.

1 Like 1 ·
colonelcoconut avatar image
colonelcoconut answered ·

Did you have any luck with this?

2 comments
2 |3000

1234enough avatar image 1234enough commented ·

Internal VE Direct port Working a treat with additional MPPT, plugged in / switched on / re- detect

1 Like 1 ·
groningen avatar image groningen 1234enough commented ·

@1234enough

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to see the solution for a second VE direct.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources