question

jamesn avatar image
jamesn asked

Multiplus II GX connecting BMV and MPPT

Hi All, I am looking for some options on the best way to connect multiple devices to my Multiplus GX. Up until now I have just had a BMV 700 plugged into the VE.Direct port but now I have installed 250/70 VE.Can MPPT. Originally I thought I could just use VE.Can as stated by the distributor I purchased from but on further research it’s BMS-can only. Is it possible to plug the MPPT in with a VE.direct to USB adapter? Or maybe connect the BMV to the MPPT via Bluetooth then plug the MPPT into the GX with VE.direct, would that still pass all the information through from the BMV? Or maybe there is a bridge so that I can interface VE.can to VE.bus? Failing that maybe there is a new BMS master I could use with a current sensor that would pass information through on BMS-can making the BMV redundant and freeing up the VE.direct port for the MPPT? Any pointers greatly appreciated. Cheers, James

Multiplus-IIVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Ve.direct to usb works fine for an mppt.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jamesn avatar image jamesn commented ·
Thanks, I will start with that. Must be the simplest option, just wasnt sure the Multiplus GX USB port worked like that.
0 Likes 0 ·