question

spaleshi avatar image
spaleshi asked

Connecting CL 12-100 BMS Charge and Load disconnects using Smart Battery Connect 12/100

Hi, I have read in many forms that you can connect your smart battery connect to the CL 12-100 BMS and have it trigger the respective Smart Battery Protects (SBP). I have one on charge side with MPPTs connected and one on the load side to all of my loads for the boat. I'm not sure where the wire goes from the BMS to the SBP. It appears like it goes into the H on the remote switch connection and nothing goes into the L side of that input on the SBP. Does that not create an open circuit and then the SMP will remain open as nothing will be in the L side on the SBP. Also, given I have two SBP, one on the load side and one on the charge side do I connect the load disconnect wire from the BMS to the H side on the SBP or on the L side of the SBP.

I'm installing all this on a boat and it is being powered by 2 Victron Smart 330Ah LiFePO4 batteries.

Any help would be appreciated.

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Hi,

AFAIK, all Victron remote inputs can be controlled in 3 different ways.

1. A switch / bridge between L and H

2. Connecting H to plus (pull up)

3. Connecting L to ground / minus (Pull-down)

Each of this 3 variants would turn on, if none of the 3 conditions are true, the device will turn off.

IIn your setup you seem to use Variant 2.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.