question

ppmm avatar image
ppmm asked

Smartshunt Bluetooth connection fails around 95%

Tried all the steps as described in the troubleshooting manual: reset pincode, reinstalled victron connect app, removed shunt from electrical system and reconnected it again. Shunt is recognized and light on the side of the shunt is blinking. Light stops blinking and remains on when reaching 95% for a few seconds, but then fails to connect fully. I can connect to other devices like a SmartSolar an Battery Sense.

Tried with another phone and was able to connect, but would prefer being able to connect with my own phone.

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
rainer78 avatar image
rainer78 answered ·

I had the same issue with a moto e40 (android 11), reinstalled victron app, deleted cache - didn't work(95% every time). Worked fine with the MPPT.

While troubleshooting another bluetooth issue (meshtastic) I did a factory reset of the moto e40 and changed the following settings (developer mode):
- Bluetooth-A2DP-Hardware-Offload: Changed to deactivated
- Bluetooth-AVRCP-Version: Changed to 1.5
This solved my other issue, but not the smart shunt ble connect issue.

The following helped to get it working on the moto e40:
- Removed bluetooth connection (smart shunt)
- Reinstall vitron app (or delete cache/data)
- Victron app choose "change pin" on smart shunt, enter PUK
- Reinstall vitron app (or delete cache/data)
- Start victron app, connect to smart shunt (default 000000)

I hope this helps, Rainer

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rainer78 avatar image rainer78 commented ·
Quick update. I did the changes yesterday - today I opened the victron app and saw the smart shunt live data (bluetooth broadcast?) in the device overview list. I tried to connect again and now experience the same 95% issue as before... So it works in general under some specific circumstances and I will follow up on it when time permits... The mppt bluetooth connects are always successful.
0 Likes 0 ·