question

michael-b-1 avatar image
michael-b-1 asked

Smart Battery Sense

Hi, can some one please help explain why after connecting a Smart battery sense to a 36Vdc e-bike battery the unit no longer works. I have checked the polarity the fuse and the manual states the unit can handle up to 60Vdc. Please Help...

Smart Battery Sense
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
What doesn't work? The bike or the Smart Battery Sense?
0 Likes 0 ·
michael-b-1 avatar image michael-b-1 kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, the e-bike is fine it's the Smart Battery Sense that doesn't work anymore.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Apart from the bike, what is it connected to?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michael-b-1 avatar image michael-b-1 commented ·

Just the battery, all I really want to know is will the Smart Battery Sense work on a 36Vdc system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@Michael B …..Have you checked the fuse in the black fuse holder in the power lead? That should not have blown but if the unit is not working it may have gone open circuit.

1 comment
2 |3000

michael-b-1 avatar image michael-b-1 commented ·
The fuse keeps burning out now.
0 Likes 0 ·
michael-b-1 avatar image
michael-b-1 answered ·

Just the battery, all I really want to know is will the Smart Battery Sense work on a 36Vdc system.

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

It should, yes. If the fuse keeps blowing it suggests a wiring fault or incorrect fuse.

0 Likes 0 ·
michael-b-1 avatar image michael-b-1 kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I will have to try again with another Smart Battery Sense as this one doesn't work anymore. Thanks for your time. Kind Regards.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual