question

Ben Graham van der Sandt avatar image
Ben Graham van der Sandt asked

Firmware clashes with Cerbo and Pylon US3000C

Hi there Folks

Please can someone from Victron look into this for us - There is a definite issue with a firmware clash between the Pylon US3000C batteries and Cerbo GX - its literally a coin toss every time you do an installation ( if the cerbo it will pick up the Pylon battery) I've seen the only thing that "kickstarts" the comms again, is if you connect a ccgx to the installation. once it picks up the pylon on the ccgx, you can reconnect the comms cable to the cerbo again and then it will run fine - until the Cerbo resets or powers down. then you have to go out to site again ccgx in hand and kickstart the setup again... I have 4 sites running like this and is a huge concern.

Some other issues we recently encountered was the Solar Production from Smartsolar chargers lags at 100w for long portions of the day while trying to get to active SOC level

cerbo gxPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mattsmith avatar image
mattsmith answered ·

Interesting, I installed on the weekend and found that I also had issues with comms. After looking closely I found that the type A cable had all the pins connected. According to Pylontech you need to have only the three wires. I made a cable and the problems went away. To be clear the type A cable onsite was made by the previous installer and was not an offical Victron cable. Hope that helps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.