question

kennybuntinx avatar image
kennybuntinx asked

"configured for VE.bus BMS" checkbox on Multplus II and REC BMS

Hi ,

I updated my three faze system today to the latest firmware on my Multiplus II 48 volt 5000 inverter/Charger .

When logging in with VE configure 3 to restore my config , I noticed this new "configured for VE.bus BMS" checkbox .

Can anyone explain what this does and if I need to enable this with my REC - BMS setup ?

Try to understand and any help is appreciated ...

Kenny

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@KennyBuntinx

The VE Bus BMS is Victrons BMS that plugs into the ve bus on the inverters directly. So has nothing to do with the rec bms as far as I know since it connects to the cerbo via can bus.

https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-management-systems/ve-bus-bms

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kennybuntinx avatar image
kennybuntinx answered ·

Thank you for that answer. For me this was totally unclear in the documentation.

2 |3000

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Do you use 2-wire bms macro with the opto coupler from REC?

The activation of the macro to stop charge / discharge may indicate a BMS connection as Ve.Bus BMS.

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@JohannDo

That setup would use the 2 signal bms assistant.

The ve bus bms bms supprt assistant for victron batteries has been depreciated. The feature @KennyBuntinx is seeing I assume is the option being used now instead.

0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image johanndo Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I use the 2-wire bms Assistant as well, the Ve.Bus device sets the parametes accordingly to BMS TYPE=1. and the readings on the inputs.
I have a REC ABMS without CAN integration into Venus.

img-20220721-153453.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

I use a REC ABMS without CAN BUS or other integration into the Venus OS, just the 2-wire BMS Assistant and signals to stop charge and discharge by the optocoupler outputs, works as expected.

The Quattro internally treats it as Type 1 BMS

SEE PICTURE OF dbus-spy Ve.Bus device data.img-20220721-153453.jpg

2 |3000