question

dyravinir avatar image
dyravinir asked

Multiplus charge issue with Ultimatron lithium battery

Hi, I have a Victron MultiPlus (12/500/20 model), and an Ultimatron Lithium battery (it has a integrated BMS). When I connect the Multiplus AC IN to charge the battery, it only charges at 1A or even less than that (battery is at 38%). After some time, it seems to not charge anymore at all (and the "charge" led blinks). I have used the USB MK3 adapter to connect to my computer and configure the multiplus for a lithium battery, but it does not seem to change anything. Do you have any idea on what could be wrong ?

Thanks for your help,

Marion

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingLithium Batterymultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@dyravinir After some time, it seems to not charge anymore at all (and the "charge" led blinks)

According to the manual when the charge led blinks, the multi is in float mode. Charge finished.

You might want to share screen shots of the charge settings, and mention what voltages the battery is at.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dyravinir avatar image dyravinir commented ·
Hi, yes it's like it went to float but the battery is at 40% so it's not full. I'll sare the screenshot later, but basically in VEConfigure I used the "lithium battery" preset, and then changed the Absorption Voltage to 14.6 V (I tried 14 and 13.8 also)
0 Likes 0 ·