question

Sarah avatar image
Sarah asked

Feature request Lynx Smart BMS - ATC/ATD Testing Mode

Having just installed a Lynx Smart BMS and Smart Lithium batteries (great products by the way) I thought it would be advantageous to have a testing mode that allows the installer to independenty simulate various conditions (over voltage, under voltage, low temperature) to ensure that the DVCC, ATC, and ATD are controlling connected devices in the intended manner. While I have seen a manual, custom built, switch-box that has been built to interface with the battery management connections it would be great to do this in software using VictronConnect. This sort of testing is more thorough than the all or nothing approach of turning the device off using the remote which shuts down everything simultaneaously.

Lithium BatteryBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Sarah

Another approach is unplugging one of the BMS cables from the BMS or changing the thresholds in the battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sarah avatar image Sarah commented ·
@Stefanie changing the individual battery thresholds sounds like it will give me the exact test scenarios that I need. Many thanks!
1 Like 1 ·